Monday 5 August 2013

Quickly

I like when things happen quickly. When you're mad at something, or someone, but that changes in an instant. I like how it happens quickly.
Like when raindrops that fall on a horrible day, clear up and you're left with a beautiful blue sky. I like when it happens that quickly.
I like when falling in love happens quickly, and falling out of it does to. No pain, no long sorrow, no prolonged anguish. I like when letting go happens quickly.

Quickly.
Some things don't happen so quickly. Some things turn dark, and your only hope of seeing light comes slowly. Some things, never go by fast enough. When you're face with torment and torture that mentally incapacitates you and drives you to the ending point, that never happens quickly. Pain lasts, long and slow. But the relief that comes after, comes quickly.

Letting go never happens quickly. 
A month, or two. Even, 6 months changes nothing. And you fall back to where you were 6 months ago, then curse yourself for being able to let go.

Growing, and learning, never happens quickly.
Thats what I thought, at first. At 12 I looked on to Secondary School and bemoaned how long it would be until I graduated. But now I look back, at 11 years as an Assuntarian, and it happened too quickly.
Where have all the times gone? In the blink of an eye? Stealing colour pencils, and walking down the big stairs to the canteen. Where we would laugh away our time, and try to extend our break for as long as we could.
This past year went by too fast. The pain came, the good times came. Thank you for the memories, that all of you brought me.

Yet, I like it that things happen quickly. I like that it was over so quickly, because if it weren't I'd still be stuck in the slow motion of things.

I like that I'm moving quickly. Moving on, moving forward.

Basically, live your moments as they pass.
Don't revel too long in it, until you're ripped away from it and it hurts less.
Don't ignore it, and let it go by.
Moments, happen, seize them.
Life moves by so fast, in a blur it is gone.
And your soul leaves, its smoking ashes behind and that is all that becomes of your memories.

Enjoy your current, forget the past. 
Live in the moment, like its your last. 
Don't hold on to it, because it will never fade, 
Especially if you spread love more than  hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment